If the browser exits, the script will respawn it. It allows users to restart the browser session with the click of a button.
When the browser session is restarted, all cache/cookies are cleared.
The look of the button is customisable in the following ways:
All customisation is done in the Parameters.ini file.
If you wish to customise the app further, I have provided the source code in AutoIt script format.
1. Copy RestartBrowser.exe and parameters.ini to somewhere like C:\Kiosk
2. Edit parameters.ini to change just about anything about the program. (URL, colours, text etc)
3. Use Group Policies to lock-down IE and the OS as required.
4. Use a restricted web proxy to stop users browsing away from the sites you want.
5. Modify the registry key that defines the windows shell. eg:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell = C:\Kiosk\RestartBrowser.exe